There is a new opponent of unwanted germs available. From now on, AppliChem's CellCultureGuard will keep clean your bottles and petri dishes.
Cell cultures can be contaminated in various ways by mycoplasm, bacteria or fungi (yeasts). Airborn contaminations, transfer from the environment, contaminated media additives and already contaminated cultures are amongst the most common causes.
The main measures to avoid contamination of cell cultures are sterile techniques, consistent compliance with good laboratory practice and sterilized equipment and vessels.
The addition of antibiotics to cell culture media further reduces the risk arising from microbial growth. CellCultureGuard is a combination of novel antibiotics to protect animal and human cell cultures from contamination by microorganisms (Gram positive, Gram negative bacteria, fungi, yeasts and mycoplasm). No side effects on cell cultures are observed at the recommended concentrations.
The antibiotics of CellCultureGuard replace conventional antibiotics such as penicillin, streptomycin, nystatin and amphotericin B.
• Easy to use: CellCultureGuard is a 100-fold concentrated sterile solution. Add 1 ml of CellCultureGuard to 100 ml of cell culture medium. Adjust the concentration accordingly if CellCultureGuard is applied directly to the human or animal cell culture.
• wide range of anti-microbial activity: Active against extra- and intracellular growing bacteria, mycoplasm, protozoa and fungi (yeast).
• Compatibility: CellCultureGuard contains a fluoroquinolone and may be used along with other resistance markers.
• Stability: To ensure the maximum protection of cultures CellCultureGuard should be renewed after 7 days at 37°C.
• Low risk of development of resistance by using a combination of especially selected antibiotics.